The Unsung Hero Awards are designed to reward and celebrate the amazing Non-Medical / Non-Clinical NHS & Healthcare Staff and Volunteers whose hard work, dedication and commitment often go unnoticed on a daily basis.
SO WHY ENTER THE UNSUNG HERO AWARDS?
Do you know a great story about your colleague/friend working within the NHS? Share it with us!
- The Unsung Hero Awards give you the opportunity to nominate NHS non-medical staff in a national competition, individuals who often do not receive the attention they deserve.
- The awards are free to enter.
- Just entering will mean that you and your nominee will have a chance to get invited to the live award ceremony, which is dedicated entirely to praising NHS non-medical professionals.
- All nominees will get a free certificate stating they have been recognised as an Unsung Hero of the NHS.
Are you a manager within the NHS? Make your organisation stand out!
- The Unsung Hero Awards is the best way to highlight the work of your unsung heroes.
- The awards can also help you to raise your employees’ profiles within your own organisation.
- The awards can be a great way to engage your staff by involving them in nominating their peers for the daily work they do.
- You can give your unsung heroes an opportunity to attend an amazing event at a lovely venue surrounded by other nominees and nominators.
- The awards help to spread positive news about non-medical workers across the UK – put your hospital on the map and help others through becoming a pioneer in your area.
- Position your trust as a frontrunner and increase employee satisfaction ratings in a new and innovate way.
- Providing recognition for a job well done is vital for maintaining employee morale and productivity.
To get a better idea about what makes people true Unsung Heroes and how winning the award can affect their lives – both personally and professionally, take a look at what some of our nominators and winners had to say about the Unsung Hero Awards.
Enid Dunn, one of the 2017 winners explaining what it’s like to be recognised:
Unsung Hero Award 2017 - Quotes from the Nominations